Detox Discount: Peat Baths
15% off peat baths to enhance your health in the New Year!
Peat is said to be a living pharmacy derived from hundreds of plants accumulated over thousands of years. Peat is a substance obtained from bogs on low or highland moors and has been used extensively as a medicinal preparation in baths and as topical packs in Europe for centuries.
Medicinal peat is not quite the same as peat moss, the matter we use in gardening. It is a natural product of thousands of years of plant decay. It has an unusual concentration of bio-minerals, trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids in a molecular form that is easy for the skin to absorb.
A chief therapeutic property of peat is the ability to trap water and retain a higher temperature for a long duration. Not only can peat hold heat for a very long time, but the experience of the bather is that the peat is hotter than it actually is, making this a potent hyperthermia bath treatment. This hyperthermia treatment is effective for detoxification, immune stimulation, reducing inflammation, and normalizing the metabolism of our body’s tissues.
Therapeutic effects of peat baths include:
- Immune modulation
- Antiviral and anti-bacterial
- Detoxification of heavy metals
- Pain-relieving properties
- Treatment of male and female infertility
- Supports endogenous estrogen production
- Enhances and improves metabolism of all tissues
Peat baths and local applications are beneficial for many conditions including:
- Skin concerns such as acne, psoriasis, and hives
- Chronic inflammation from autoimmune, infectious, or orthopedic concerns
- Metabolic disorders including fibromyalgia, genomic concerns, and impaired detoxification
- Women’s health concerns such as PMS, endometriosis, fertility, and chronic vaginitis
- Orthopedic concerns of acute or chronic back pain, muscle tension, arthritis, carpal tunnel, bursitis, sprains or strains
- Relieves stress and aides in sleep restoration
We are excited to share this effective, time-proven medicine with our community. Our pharmacy stocks high-quality, organic, medicinal grade peat sourced from Hungary and the Czech Republic. Peat bath immersion therapy can be done in the privacy of your home – it is washable and can be easily sponged out of any tub. This is an excellent addition to your detox or regular self-care program. The best benefits result from doing 1-2 baths weekly.
Hydrotherapy is a traditional medicine of many cultures, as well as a therapy deeply rooted within Naturopathic Medicine. Dr. Denise Cooluris holds a unique passion and expertise for this medicine – please inquire with them if this treatment would be right for you.